Loading, Please Wait...
LONG BEACH, CA --(Marketwired - February 06, 2016) - Relationship experts Linda Nusbaum, Cedric Nelms and Trevor Johnson -- collectively known as Two Wise Men and a Smart Chick, say it's time to rethink Valentine's Day -- the overly hyped holiday that is stress-filled for couples. Linda, who is a licensed marriage and family counselor, says, "There is palpable pressure surrounding Valentine's Day; there is a sense of urgency to create the perfect day." Cedric and Trevor, who are both pastors, explain that there is no perfect gift or romantic dinner on this single day that can save a relationship. It is the other 364 days of the year that matter more.
The trio is not advising couples to skip Valentine's Day, but just to try something different this year. Celebrate without all the stress.
Here are some ideas:
1. Forget the roses and do something that fits your partner's interests. A day at a museum, an amusement park, a ballpark or a day at home bingeing on your partner's favorite TV shows, can be a more meaningful gesture.
2. Let the love between you and your mate have an impact on someone who doesn't have anyone special in his or her life. Spend time with a sick friend or a senior citizen who is widowed or lonely.
3. Instead of a card, write a letter to your loved one expressing your feelings.
4. Use Valentine's Day as a "start over." If you are struggling in your relationship, make a plan to start to repair it. It won't happen in a single day. Just start talking about what you both need and want.
5. Do not see Valentine's Day as a competition with your partner. The one who spends the most doesn't win. Let your partner know you value their everyday contributions. If your spouse does most of the cooking, you do it instead on Valentine's Day.
Two Wise Men and a Smart Chick give relationship advice on their internet radio show. Find episodes at:
Their next show, focusing on Valentine's Day, will air on Wednesday, February 10, 2016.
Watch a video of the relationship experts at work:
About Linda Nusbaum-the Smart Click: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a practice in Long Beach, CA. Linda is a former CNN reporter who also worked at KTTV in Los Angeles. Her goal is to help people feel better in their relationships. Linda says, as human beings, we love naturally. She believes there are ways that love can continue and grow throughout our lives.
About Cedric Nelms-One of the Two Wise Men: Pastor of Chosen Generation Fellowship Church, a grass-roots, upstart church in South Los Angeles. His goal is to serve and strive to meet the needs of the people in the community; to live in his purpose and continue to affect change wherever he goes; and to be a friend to everyone that he meets on this journey.
About Trevor Johnson-One of the Two Wise Men: Senior Pastor of Rhema Word Bible Church in Long Beach, where he is privileged to share his experience and wisdom to help people enrich and fulfill their relationships and every aspect of their lives. Trevor is driven with great passion to help others as it is his life's calling.
Linda, Cedric and Trevor are available for media interviews.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/2/5/11G081760/Images/Wise_Men-Smart_Chick_Photo-28b1683ca794a2e488aaee319ad53c8a.jpg
Embedded Video Available: https://youtu.be/0ex1UwFqua8
Women Media Pros